The Herbie Felton Show

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Great deals form Amazon.com

Identity Theft

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vote with your heart.



You get who you vote for. Remember that when you vote on 4 Aug 2009. I'm no angel, I'm not a saint, but what I am is an honest voice with a genuine love for this city. I know who I’m going to vote for on 4 Aug 2009 besides myself, and can do so with a clear heart. I have talked with a number of the candidates myself and although I don’t agree 100% with all of them, some stand out more than others. The people I’m going to vote for is not in today’s story in the Detroit News, but the ones I had a bad feeling about are.
I pray that they are changed; people make mistakes in their lives all the time. Repent, and try not to repeat the same mistakes again. As far the taxes and liens go, this has been a very hard year for some of us. Detroit has the highest unemployment rate in the state, but the people with jobs are the ones that have the tax liens. Councilwoman Martha ‘Dancing in the streets’ Reeves hasn’t paid taxes in years, this from a person who makes $81,000 a year plus whatever she makes from her singing gigs. Her liens currently total $209,966. Councilman Kwame Kenyatta walked away from his home, and Councilwoman JoAnn Watson has been getting a real bargain on her house for years. You get who you vote for. Remember that when you vote on 4 Aug 2009.
I love Detroit just as much as the 167 other candidates in the race, but very few will actually do what it takes to make this a world class city again. Many will give you a long political answer to a very simple question, this is what I call ‘dazzling the people with BS.’ This may work in national politics, but here in Detroit we need and want more from our so called leaders.
I could care less who you vote for, just vote for the person you think will do good for Detroit. Vote with your heart. Vote.


Herbie Felton
You get who you vote for. Remember that when you vote on 4 Aug 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment